Contrast’s amp®HDR camera system is the most efficient HDR video system in the world. Combine the ampHDR camera with our proprietary (developed in-house), real-time merging and tone-mapping algorithms and an HDR monitor, and the integrated system produces and displays accurate, real-life scenes with displayed luminance ranges that go far beyond what is possible with any other camera.
The HDR system employs Contrast’s patented amp image-splitting and combining technology to compose a single video stream from multiple sensors. The video stream can be recorded raw or tone mapped (to 8 bits per color for standard display, 10 bits for HDMI Deep Color, or 16 bits for HDR display) and output via HDMI, DVI, HD-SDI or other formats. Contrast’s merging algorithm — a proprietary mix of real time merging, blending and horsepower — handles exposure separations of 5 stops or more.
Contrast’s amp technology provides unsurpassed image quality, especially when lighting is difficult to control:
- Medical endoscopy
- Manufacturing inspection, evaluation and quality control
- Industrial welding, molding and cutting processes
- Military imaging systems for tracking and recording
- Security and surveillance
- Scientific experiments
- Film and video: sports events, nature documentaries
- Underwater photography
- Real estate – portable real time video displays
- Consumer cell phone cameras and digital cameras